Wednesday, December 21, 2005

MTA strike: The new snow day.

Finals went about as well as you can hope. I wasn't totally clueless (thank god since I actually studied) then again I don't feel that they went as solid as they could have. However I think that is the nature of a law school exam. Everyone here clearly studied a lot and no one is stupid so it's just you against the curve. All I know is that I worked hard and that is all I can do.

The last exam I have is con law and I will not be taking it until January sometime. This is good for two reasons: First, I am the most screwed for this final out of all of them. I know the least about this class and I don't have the slightest idea of what to expect. If there is any test that I need more than 2 days to study for, it's this one. Secondly, I took the night off after my civ pro final and then proceeded to take the next day off too and go drinking that night. If by some stroke of my typical bad luck TWU and MTA solved their differences, I would have been even more screwed than I already was. That was a gamble I was willing to take and thank god it paid off.

Minus the con law final that is up in the air, I have completed my first semester of law school. I never doubted my ability to do it since i'm not the quitting kind. However i'm pretty satisfied with myself, no matter how grades turn out. I know I actually learned something this semester and now i'm halfway to completing one of the suckier years of law school. I told myself if I could survive year one, I would make it through the entire thing.

In retrospect, the semester only truly got tough when finals began to loom...and we had memos. If I can survive the appellate brief, oral argument, and finals next semester then I should be ok.

Thanks to the MTA, i'm able to go drink and relax much earlier than expected and for the first time in several weeks.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. You survived half of one of the three suckiest years of law school.

Contragulations. Get Crunk.

6:55 PM, December 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this fucking sucks for those upperclassmen with tuesday exams. fucking brooklyn is a crock of shit. make us fucking wait until LATE to know if we have exams and then bring us back EARLY to take them.

fucking bullshit school.

fucking gora or rosato, i hope you fucking see this. you screwed us.

11:04 PM, December 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosato fucking quit her position as the fucking strike contingency plan person in the fucking middle. Right when it got hard.

Everyone should know that the deans of the school run scared from their own fucking jobs.

2:26 PM, December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might only be half way through the year but you learn to celebrate even the smallest victories.

2:27 PM, December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are exams definitely on for tomorrow?

4:20 PM, December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they won't tell us until 6am, just like every day this week. they gave me the brushoff when i complained about it.

fucking administration needs to be called out for this shit. they ruined the entire goddamn week.

6:25 PM, December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the deans just sent an email saying that 12/20 exams are being held tomorrow. isn't a little late in the day to be making that announcement?

6:40 PM, December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anna Maria Horsford said...

congrats on surviving the first semester. i'm finding 2nd year to be a bit worse, but surely if you've come this far you can go the rest of the way.

oh yeah: thank you TWU! two more weeks to (not) study for corporations!!!

12:05 AM, December 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The deans are full of shit for holding exams tomorrow and dropping that decision so last minute. F, here I come!

12:33 AM, December 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any 1L's plan on not utilizing the extra 2 weeks to study for con law? Surely this is the worst class and it's almost a blessing we got more time...only I plan on wasting it all.

12:38 AM, December 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.